
The Flatiron Building was built by Daniel Burnham and John Wellborn Root, in 1902. It stands at the height of 285 feet(87m) and has 22 floors. Made with the classical greek column,the inside is build with a steel skeleton. The buiding's exterior color is like a limestone and glazed terra-cotta, it was made with reapeded shapes of triangles, and shaped like a clothes iron. It also had ornaments like lions, human faces, and arches. When I first saw the building my reaction was wow, that is so cool. I wondered how and what made them build it this way. I just realy like the way they lined it up with the street and made it into a big triangle. I have never seen such a thing. The only thing I would probably change would be to put a big American flag right on top just because it is in New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment